Sunday, April 29, 2012

details and bumpy roads





sometimes it seems like my auto focus zooms in on the little things, the details, and that i miss the big picture. but then other times it is clear that it is those details that make a whole.

i know that at some point this time of life will be just another bump in the road behind me. i also know that my proportions are a little out of sync with reality. that too much back and forth is going on in my mind.

i have spent much of my life to accept and go with the flow. but that seems so much easier when only considering consequences for myself. right now i find it overwhelming to be a parent. especially parenting a child with special needs.

sometimes i need to remind myself that even if there is only so much i can do, this is the best i can do.

3 comments:

  1. oh i know the feeling... only it is not parenting that can seem overwhelming at time. but you know what i am talking about.

    i am sure that you are a wonderful mum and all the love you give your kids (that I can feel just reading you, here) and the education will help them becoming confident adults and the best human beings they can be.

    xoxo,
    isa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, dear. and yes, i know. hugs and all the best to you.

      Delete
  2. Hello Trine, sorry I'm so late here, I had some very hectic weeks and, yes, I too have been feeling overwhelmed by just about everything. I didn't realize one of your boys had special needs, did you share this before? Hugs.

    ReplyDelete