Monday, October 5, 2009

ida's eye


ida is an amazing photographer. her photos have this dreamy flair to them, like old, faded memories, with a touch of mystery. first i admired her eye for the little things, light and colors in her regular blog posts, but then she introduced yashica thursday. and i have been hooked ever since. i love how she sees things. so i was thrilled when she recently announced that she had opened a shop. and so, i ordered a few. i even told myself it had a greater purpose. that it would be a perfect way to encourage myself to write good old handwritten cards to friends and family (which is one of my goals for the new year. the jewish new year, that is, which begins so perfectly as fall sets in).

last week i received my little package from ida. it was one if these hectic days, so i only sneak peaked into it, and then put it aside until i would have that special moment where i could fully enjoy the ever important moment of unwrapping. and when that moment arrived i had all the time in the world to admire the yellow ribbon, the gray wrapping paper, the little camera print. and of course, the postcards.

i had ordered three of my favorites, withered chamomile, pretty in pink and walking girl. but more than that, there were two extra postcards. not listed in the shop. very exclusive :)

the postcards are still here with me. not one has left the building so far. i am not sure my theory of a gentle, beautiful push towards handwritten cards to family and friends, is working, because i cannot really part from them. not yet at least. i even decided to take one for me already. i needed something really pretty to be the first thing to be put on my new boards.


so these feet of a running girl, that have been a favorite for such a long time, are now running on my wall.

9 comments:

  1. thank goodness for etsy. those are beautiful cards and i can see why you have trouble parting with them. and i love that little camera stamp on that tag, that's way cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few post cards from a friend of mine that I can't part with either. THey really should be hung up or sent but... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is the sweetest post, Trinsch. Thank you so much. I'm so happy you like the postcards ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. indeed, very very pretty.
    it makes me want to order some too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those running feet look like they belong to your wall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i agree. she is a wonderful photographer. hey i love your board. did you make it? happy tuesday trinsch! besos-jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Ida's photographs are just as beautiful as her packaging. I may have to score some myself now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards - and what is better than receiving a lovely package in the mail? Hmm, I know what you mean about handwritten cards - a wonderful idea to send them, but so difficult to part from if they are works of art!

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are great! ida does have an amazing eye, doesn't she?

    ReplyDelete