Sunday, February 21, 2010

a taste of summer






we made limonana yesterday. limon is lemon in hebrew, nana is mint, alas limonana. we used the old lemons on the top branches of the trees. there are new green lemons on the lower branches, as these trees bare fruits twice a year, but then also old - and big ones - left at the top (because we were too lazy to pick those - until now ;).

they don't look so pretty, but they have taste and juice, and with some brown sugar and nana they made the perfect limonana. still some left, but we did drink a lot already, after all we are in a winter heat wave :)



...and it was perfect with the grilled turkey, avocado and tomato salad we had for lunch (with ice cream for dessert :)

13 comments:

  1. Nice pictures to look at when it's cold, here and misty, bbbrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohhw that looks soooooo good!
    thnx for those warm summerlike pics.
    mmmm
    gonna look at it all day long...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lemon tree, how lovely. The photos warmed me up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...what a feeling you give to me!
    Thanks for sharing these moments...I cant waith so share my summer pictures! Have a nice sun(ny)day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so jealous that you are already enjoying some summertime. Feels a long way off from this chilly grey day here in Holland. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Limonana sounds SO good. And, AVOCADOS! I purchased quite a few yesterday and I think that I'll mix up some guacamole for this evening. Avocados are such a treat that I really didn't discover until a few years ago. (A favorite of my husband's is avocado salsa with lime grilled chicken.)

    I hope that the beginning of the fresh week starts off nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. perfect for hot days, even though at least here it got colder today, and even rained...
    maybe you could make some pickled lemons and lemon curd aswell??? we did a few weeks ago, it was fun and not too much work. and a very tasty bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these pictures!! It's been cold here and the snow is still on the ground... why can we have a short Winter like a month or two.... I can't wait for the Spring!!!

    Hope you are having a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. would love to see a lemontree in real life, that limonana sounds very yummy:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. limonana looks lovely, the lemons too, much better than the perfectly round ones we get in the shops. it sounds like a perfect lunch to me - gorgeous food, limonana and sun! I can't wait for the spring too

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the stories you show through your pictures. can you send some of that winter heat wave this way;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Avocado on meat? Sounds perfectly exotic and summery to me. Please share more of your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - amazing! These images are so warming.

    ReplyDelete